Monday, March 7, 2011

Stop Creditor Harassment. . . . at least for a little while. . .

Dear Readers:  It has been a very busy time for my office.  But I ran across this tid-bit i wanted to share with all of you.  Credit card companies are notorious about auto-dialers.  They will call you until they finally get to talk to someone.  But you have a shot at putting an end to it by requesting written communication only.  Here is a sample letter for you readers to send to your credit card companies.

Via Certified Return Receipt Mail
Dated: ____________________

Name of Creditor or Collection Agency
Address
City, State & Zip

         Re:       My Name
                     Account Number
                     Name of Creditor

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please be advised that I am unable to continue making even minimum payments towards the account referenced above.  

Pursuant to 15 USC, Section 1692C9c) and California Civil Code, Section 1788.17, I am hereby requesting that you stop all oral communication with me immediately.  If you fail to honor this request please be aware that you will be in violation of federal and state law.  Moreover, your continued harassment may force me to take appropriate legal action against your company.  

I have retained the Law offices of R. Grace Rodriguez, (818) 734-7223 to explore potential bankruptcy options and/or debt settlement negotiations.  I will contact you once I know what option I will be electing.  Thank you for your anticipated cooperation during this very stressful time for myself and my family.

Sincerely,

Another Struggling American! 

No comments: